The U.S. Department of Education’s Office of Safe and Drug-Free Schools’ Safe and Supportive Schools Technical Assistance Center announces the next event in its School Climate Webinar series on substance abuse prevention.
This Webinar will be offered twice to accommodate schedules:
- Wednesday, October 12, 2011, 4:00 – 5:30 p.m., EST.
- Thursday, October 13, 2011, 11:00 a.m. − 12:30 p.m., EST.
Please register for one of the sessions at: http://safesupportiveschools.ed.gov/index.php?id=9&eid=87.
Those who successfully register will receive an e-mail confirmation, and information on how to connect to each Webinar will be sent to those who register before the event.
During this Webinar, Dr. William Hansen, an internationally recognized expert in prevention, will focus on recent research on effective prevention practice and its implications for practitioners. Specifically he will:
- Explore current trends in substance abuse among American youth
- Review the latest evidence on effective prevention strategies
- Identify strategies for strengthening current practice in substance abuse prevention
Audience: This Webinar is appropriate for all levels of school staff, administration, and policymakers.
For more information, email SSSTA@air.org.
Via ED’s Safe and Supportive Schools News Mailing List